Friday, November 5, 2010

Birthday Banner

I decided to make a happy birthday banner for my son's 4th birthday.  The theme of his party was none other than his absolute favorite, Lightning McQueen.  I was trying to do this one a budget, since we are getting ready to move and add multiple updates to our new house.  I purchased all of my paper, cardstock and ribbon from Hobby Lobby (love that store!).  First, I cut out the banner onto blue cardstock.  Then, I cut the pieces for the road, the circles, scallops, Lightning McQueen and letters with my cricut.  To make the accordion circles, I cut 1.5 in x 12 in strips with my MS paper trimmer.  Then scored the strips at 1/2 in apart.  Then, I assembled all the parts, strung it up on some red ribbon, and voilà, a cool bday banner.





Carts used:
Straight From the Nest
Disney Pixar Cars
Plantin Schoolbook
Mickey Font

Other supplies used:
Martha Stewart paper trimmer
Martha Stewart scoreboard
Pink ATG
Pop dots
Scotch Quick Dry adhesive
Hot glue gun
Zig pen
Red ribbon
Crop-A-Dile Big Bite

No comments:

Post a Comment